Re: CVS, initdb and catalog version - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: CVS, initdb and catalog version
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 15 May 2001, Laurent Duperval wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I updated my source code from CVS and it looks like it creates a problem
> because now, the server won't come up because of this error:
>
> Starting postgresql service: + su -l postgres -c
> '/usr/local/bin/pg_ctl -D /usr/local/var/lib/pgsql/data -o -i -p
> /usr/local/bin/postmaster start'
> postmaster successfully started
> FATAL 2:  database was initialized with CATALOG_VERSION_NO 200105101,
>     but the backend was compiled with CATALOG_VERSION_NO 200105145.
>     looks like you need to initdb.

There've been changes on the head which changed parts of the catalogs.
Not all changes require this, but if you grab the current development
stuff (what will become 7.2), this is fairly likely to happen to you.
You may just want to use -r REL7_1_STABLE and get the current 7.1.x
sources.