Re: Lost Trigger(s)? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: Lost Trigger(s)?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Rod Taylor wrote:

> delete from user;  <-- Simplest test case.  Any deletion request fails
> on this table.
> ERROR:  SPI_execp() failed in RI_FKey_cascade_del()

Hmm, that error should probably include the constraint name for the
constraint that failed.

> There are a ton of cascaded deletes that should occur from the above
> deletion.  Which one is failing -- how do I tell (can't seem to do any
> kind of comparison against bytea fields otherwise I'd try to fish out
> the 'table' entites as a start)?

I'm not sure if they'll show up, but -d2 might give you more information
(showing the queries being run).

Can you create a smaller test case that exhibits the behavior?  My
first guess would be that one of the parameters being passed to SPI_execp
got screwed up, but I'm not sure.