What does this mean? "NOTICE: AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Philip Hallstrom
Subject What does this mean? "NOTICE: AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state"
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi -
    I'm using the AuthPG apache authentication module
(authpg.sourceforge.net) to authenticate against postgres 7.0.2 and am
getting some strange errors.  The end user is repeatedly prompted for
their username/password.

I used to think it was because I only had 32 backends running, but I'm
watching logs right now and am getting the following in apache's logs.

NOTICE:  AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state

However, if I reload it will sometimes start working again and I can
continue as normal...

thanks!

-philip