How to get postmaster to read it's new log file? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Philip Hallstrom
Subject How to get postmaster to read it's new log file?
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm starting postmaster as follows:

postmaster -i -D /local/db/postgresql/data -d 2 >>! /var/log/postgresql' &

I'd like to use newsyslog (automatically rotates logs) to keep the log
file in check, but I don't know how to tell postmaster to close/re-open
the log file...  I'd rather not restart it and sending it a HUP doesn't
seem to work.

Thanks!

-philip

p.s. - i know that's a lot of data, but I'm having some issues with
apache's postgres authentication module at times and need to track it
down.