Re: [GENERAL] Probleme on ALTER - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Probleme on ALTER
Date
List pgsql-novice
In 7.0, you have to go into pg_attribute and set
attnotnull manually and make sure that there already
isn't null data.  In 7.1, you can do the above or
you should be able to just add a table check constraint.

BTW: Was the alter you tried something you'd seen in
another database or just a guess?  I've been wondering
about appropriate syntax for that since I haven't
seen one in sql92 (other than adding a table constraint
that checks the column against null).

Stephan Szabo
sszabo@bigpanda.com