Re: How to get around LIKE inefficiencies? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: How to get around LIKE inefficiencies?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
yowch ... removing that one index makes my 'test' search (mvcc) come back
as:

[97366] SQL 0.05s: SELECT ndict.url_id,ndict.intag FROM ndict,url WHERE ndict.word_id=572517542 AND
url.rec_id=ndict.url_id AND (url.url LIKE 'http://www.postgresql.org/%')

vs what we were doing before ... now, let's see how increasing the number
of docs indexed changes this ...

thanks ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org