Re: R: PostgreSQL book - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject Re: R: PostgreSQL book
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Steve Wolfe wrote:

> > While ordering a book from Amazon, I found that they already have it
> > available to pre-order, including a photo of the cover.
>
>   Heaven help you if you order it from Amazon with a real email address.
>
>   After about a year and a half of trying to get them to stop spamming me, I
> simply gave up and dropped the email account.

I've always used a disposable email address with them (and most other
companies I deal with).  But you might want to take another look at
their privacy policy before you order.  Not too long ago they declared
that their customer info is an asset.

Vince.
 128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking