Re: About these IPC parameters - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: About these IPC parameters
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter ...
Here is the 'latest and greatest' NOTES that one of the FreeBSD
guys has been working on for shared memory/semaphores ... not sure if it
helps or not, but I believe it was you that was working on "organizing
this"?

=============================
# SYSV IPC KERNEL PARAMETERS
#
# Maximum number of entries in a semaphore map.
options         SEMMAP=31

# Maximum number of System V semaphores that can be used on the system at
# one time.
options         SEMMNI=11

# Total number of semaphores system wide
options         SEMMNS=61

# Total number of undo structures in system
options         SEMMNU=31

# Maximum number of System V semaphores that can be used by a single
process
# at one time.
options         SEMMSL=61

# Maximum number of operations that can be outstanding on a single System
# semaphore at one time.
options         SEMOPM=101

# Maximum number of undo operations that can be outstanding on a single
# System V semaphore at one time.
options         SEMUME=11

# Maximum number of shared memory pages system wide.
options         SHMALL=1025

# Maximum size, in bytes, of a single System V shared memory region.
options         SHMMAX="(SHMMAXPGS*PAGE_SIZE+1)"
options         SHMMAXPGS=1025

# Minimum size, in bytes, of a single System V shared memory region.
options         SHMMIN=2

# Maximum number of shared memory regions that can be used on the system
# at one time.
options         SHMMNI=33

# Maximum number of System V shared memory regions that can be attached to
# a single process at one time.
options         SHMSEG=9

Systems Administrator @ hub.org