Re: ERROR: Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plperl.so failed - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject Re: ERROR: Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plperl.so failed
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, 15 Jul 2000, KMiller wrote:

> When I try to exec psql I get the message:
>
> ERROR: Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plperl.so failed: libperl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file
ordirectory

> The library files do exist so I'm stuck as to why it can't find them.
>
> There had been a previous installation of postgres that Suse 6.5 installed.
>
> That was in /usr/lib/pgsql. I blew that away so now there is only /usr/local/pgsql.
>
> I tried recompiling/installing postgres from scratch.
>
> I can start postmaster but psql still won't go.

Depends alot on the operating system how to tell it where to look, but
simplified psql isn't able to find where you have the library.  Take a
look at man ldconfig or set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environ variable to tell
it what library to look in.

Vince.
 128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking