Re: More "IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed" errors - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: More "IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed" errors
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Okay, my first question is is *what* OS are you running on?  I get this
sort of error under Solaris if I use a defautl install of both the OS and
PostgreSQL, and have to use the -B option to reduce the number of segments
that PostgreSQL wants to configure ...

v6.5.3, I believe it was, changed the IPC usage so that it allocates all
it needs when you start, vs growing as required, so that it pre-allocates
... so if you were using a pre-"this code" version and moving up, this
might be triggering your problem ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org