Re: Re: Heaps of read() syscalls by the postmaster - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: Re: Heaps of read() syscalls by the postmaster
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 19 May 2000, Matthias Urlichs wrote:

> This is postgreSQL 7.0, compiled with i686-pc-linux-gnu/2.95, using no
> special options to compile or setup, except that fsync was turned off,
> as verified by the above sytem call summary. Auto-commit was on during
> this test (what's the SQL command to turn it off, anyway? I couldn't
> find it).

In Perl, I do:

my $dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:Pg:dbname=$dbname;host=$dbhost;port=$dbport","$dbuser");
$dbh->{AutoCommit} = 0;

And then make sure you do a $dbh->commit(); whenever you want to end the
transaction ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org