Re: So we're in agreement.... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: So we're in agreement....
Date
Re: So we're in agreement....  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: So we're in agreement....  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
So, we're going to go with less security then is available on most Unix
OSs?

if we are going to do this, *please* just use the regular system
crypt() function ... for those that are using MD5 for their passwords, at
least as it is under FreeBSD, crypt() does either MD5 or DES depending on
the system ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org