Mailing Lists - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff MacDonald
Subject Mailing Lists
Date
List pgsql-general
Hey folks,

I'm working on the CD image for PostgreSQL again. It's now at
quite a healty size of 664 megs, and grows daily as the mailing
list archives grow.

The lists are taking up >50% of the cd. I'm curious about people's
opinions. The archives are a valuable resource. But out of those
who have ever bought a cd, or those that would,

    Would you use the archives off the cd ?

Consider the point, that these archives are possibly outdated when
you receive the cd, and that the Live archives on www.postgresql.org
are searchable.

Depending on the consensus, we will either remove the archives from
the cd distro all together, or find an alternate method of storing
them on it.

I'm also taking any suggestions to make the archives on the cd searchable.

Thanks

Jeff MacDonald
jeff@hub.org

 So long as the Universe had a beginning, we can suppose it had a
creator, but if the Universe is completly self contained , having
no boundry or edge, it would neither be created nor destroyed
 It would simply be.