Re: query statement help - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: query statement help
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Ian Lipsky wrote:

> I duplicated my database table layout in access2000 and dumped this query
> into the query builder just to see if it came up with any errors. Except it
> worked fine. So i am assuming there is something particular in postgres i am
> not aware of. Here is my statement:

Actually, I think this is an access doesn't follow the rules situation.

If I read SQL92 correctly, the correlation names are supposed to be
identifiers, and must either be quoted or start with a
letter/syllable/ideograph.  Digits alone aren't cool.

> SELECT 1.entry_time
> FROM table1AS 1, table2 AS 2
> WHERE (1.subscription_id=2.subscription_id) And 2.user_id=9 And
> 2.widget_instance_id=159;
>
> Putting this through access gives me the correct records. Putting this into
> postgres gives me zero records.

BTW: what version are you using?  On my 7.0.2 box this gives me a
parse error.