Re: alter table and constraints - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: alter table and constraints
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Martin A. Marques wrote:

> I don't know if this is posible, but I'm trying to add and delete
> constrains from a table. Is this posible and why am I having so much
> problems?

In 7.0 you can add foreign key constraints with ALTER TABLE, but you
cannot add other constraints or remove constraints with it.  Some
constraints can be added or removed in other ways, what are you trying to
do precisely?

[In current sources you should also be able to add check constraints.]