Re: Question on string value expression wildcarding - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: Question on string value expression wildcarding
Date
List pgsql-sql
Do you have any odd locale settings or anything and what's
the table definition for the table in question?

It seems to do what I expect under my 7.0.2 system:

create table kp (name text);
insert into kp values ('kp.dhs.a');
insert into kp values ('kp.dhs.');
insert into kp values ('kp.dhs,d');
select * from kp where name like 'kp.dhs.%';  name
----------kp.dhs.akp.dhs.
(2 rows)

select * from kp where name like 'kp.dhs%';  name
----------kp.dhs.akp.dhs.kp.dhs,d
(3 rows)

Stephan Szabo
sszabo@bigpanda.com