Re: bytea question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: bytea question
Date
List pgsql-general
Well, I don't think you're going to be able to without resorting to
something other than straight sql (a c function would probably work).

You can get the value of a particular byte using get_byte(bytea,int)
but I can't think of a good way outside of some sort of function to
turn that into a split.

Also, get_byte elogs if the int is outside the range of octets on
the bytea.  I would have expected it to work closer to substr on
text.

Stephan Szabo
sszabo@bigpanda.com