Re: turning of referential integrity - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: turning of referential integrity
Date
List pgsql-general
If you are using pg_dump, you probably should be fine if you're
restoring a full database, because it should place the constraints
in after the data is loaded.  If you do a data only dump, there
is code in the dump at the very top and bottom to disable and
reenable the constraints and that should let you turn them off
and on -- however, you CANNOT define any triggers between those
two statements (let's just say it'd probably be bad).

Stephan Szabo
sszabo@bigpanda.com