Re: [GENERAL] using ID as a key - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marc Tardif
Subject Re: [GENERAL] using ID as a key
Date
List pgsql-general
I recommend you read Momjian's online book, very informative and provides
all the necessary information about using various kinds of id's:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/aw_pgsql_book/index.html

As for referential integrity using foreign keys, you can add this
functionality to postgresql using triggers. An example of this is
available in the contrib/spi directory, look for refint.*

Marc