Re: [HACKERS] Hashjoin status report - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Hashjoin status report
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 6 May 1999, Tom Lane wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> >> Opinions?  Should I plow ahead, or leave this to fix after 6.5 release?
>
> > Estimate of time involved to fix this?  vs likelihood of someone
> > triggering the bug in production?
>
> I could probably get the coding done this weekend, unless something else
> comes up to distract me.  It's the question of how much testing it'd
> receive before release that worries me...

We're looking at 3 weeks till release...I'll let you call it on this one.
If you feel confident about getting the bug fixed before release, with
enough time for testing, go for it.  If it makes more sense to make it an
'untested patch', go for that one.

I believe you can fix this bug, I'm just kinda nervous about adding a
different one, which I believe is your worry also, with the limited amount
of testing possible :(

My preference would be a "use at own risk" patch...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org