Re: what is the MAX postgres db size & table size? NOBODY KNOWS? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: what is the MAX postgres db size & table size? NOBODY KNOWS?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, valter wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>
> > there is a max? *raised eyebrow*
> >

> i've not understand!
>
> in Sysbase the limit is 8 Tera Byte, in Mysql a table cannot be much than 2 or 4
> Gb ...
> what are the postgresql LIMITS?

At this point in time, we are not aware of any limits except for the
hardware you can throw at it...at least nobody that I've heard of has
reached it...

We did have a problem pre-v6.5 with >2gig tables, where the code in place
to compensate for the operating system limitations was broken, but that
has since been fixed...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org