Re: [GENERAL] 8k limit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [GENERAL] 8k limit
Date
List pgsql-general
There are plans for doing what Bruce refers to as...what was his term?
Its basically 'row wrapping'...the row limit is still 8k, but the server
is smart enough to link two rows together to give you larger then that.

It won't be in v6.4...but should be (or something similar) in a future
release...

On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, Dan Delaney wrote:

> Is there any chance of the 8k tuple limit going away in
> future releases of PostgreSQL? I was working on setting up a
> listserv archive with fields such as sentfrom, date,
> subject, and body, but the content of the body field would
> often exceed 8k because some people are just long-winded.
> I'd really rather not have to deal with the LO interface.
>    Thanks.
>  --Dan

>  Daniel G. Delaney                    The Louisville Times Chorus
>  Dionysos@Dionysia.org                   www.LouisvilleTimes.org
>  www.Dionysia.org/~dionysos/          Dionysia Design
>  ICQ Number: 8171285                     www.Dionysia.com/design/
>     "Only two things are infinite: the universe and stupidity--
>      and I'm not sure about the former."
>                                           --Albert Einstein

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org