Privileges - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Privileges
Date
Re: [GENERAL] Privileges  ("Jose' Soares Da Silva" <sferac@bo.nettuno.it>)
List pgsql-general
Hello all,

I have a couple of questions for you:

We are trying to setup a "group" in our database... groupx.
I found the syntax in the FAQ, from the PostgreSQL homepage.
So, we followed the syntax and created the group:

insert into pg_group values ('groupx', '1234', {5678, 9876});

It worked.  We now have a group, groupx.  Then, we granted permissions to
that group for a particular table, foo:

grant insert on foo to group groupx;

That seemed to work, too.  So, I (as part of that group, and as a user
that did not previously have permissions to the table) then inserted some
values into the table.  Fine.  That worked too.  Then, however, we tried
to revoke those privileges:

revoke insert on foo from group groupx;

That command did not return an error, rather it said CHANGE!!!!  (without
the exclamation marks, of course).  However, afterward, I was still able
to insert into the table.  What gives?

Also, another question:

How do you check to see exactly who has permissions to any particular
table?

Thanks in advance,

Bob Dusek