Re: [QUESTIONS] Postgres still dying on insert - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Richards
Subject Re: [QUESTIONS] Postgres still dying on insert
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 28 Apr 1998, Vadim B. Mikheev wrote:

> > sc=> INSERT INTO word_detail VALUES (131730,18596,1);
> > PQexec() -- Request was sent to backend, but backend closed the channel
> > before responding.
> >         This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or
> > while processing the request.
>
> Did you look in postmaster log ?

The log shows nothing... That is why I am at a loss of where to look next.
I even ran it in another terminal without disassociating from the
terminal. Absolutely nothing appeared on the terminal after the query
started running...

-Mike