Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] Configuration problems in PostgreSQL 6.3.2 on Linux-ELF - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] Configuration problems in PostgreSQL 6.3.2 on Linux-ELF
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:

> > Yes, I asked earlier why LINUX_ELF was not being defined, and no Linux
> > user offered an answer.  Solutions, folks?  When our own pgaccess guy
> > can't get libpgtcl to compile, we have a problem.  Do we need a patch?
>
> Uh, I think this is a question for Marc. What would he expect to be
> defined for a platform? I'm pretty sure LINUX_ELF is supposed to be
> replaces with, for example, "defined(_GCC_) && defined(linux)" or
> something to that effect.
>
> Marc?

    I sort of ignored this one, being a Linux problem :(  Constantin,
what sort of error message(s) are you seeing and where?  I'll be more
attentive this time, promise :)

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org