Re: [HACKERS] Safe/Fast I/O ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Matthew N. Dodd
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Safe/Fast I/O ...
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Safe/Fast I/O ...
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 12 Apr 1998, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>     I hate to have to ask, but how is MMAP or AIO better then sfio?  I
> haven't had enough time to research any of this, and am just starting to
> look at it...

If its simple to compile and works as a drop in replacement AND is faster,
I see no reason why PostgreSQL shouldn't try to link with it.

Keep in mind though that in order to use MMAP or AIO you'd be
restructuring the code to be more efficient rather than doing more of the
same old thing but optimized.

Only testing will prove me right or wrong though. :)

/*
   Matthew N. Dodd        | A memory retaining a love you had for life
   winter@jurai.net        | As cruel as it seems nothing ever seems to
   http://www.jurai.net/~winter | go right - FLA M 3.1:53
*/