Re: [HACKERS] PostGreSQL v6.2.1 for Linux Alpha - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kenji T. Hollis
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PostGreSQL v6.2.1 for Linux Alpha
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce:

> Take a look at utils/hash/hashfn.c:tag_hash.  Is there a problem in that
> code for your platform.  Is the hash getting set, or is it falling
> through the case statements?  This code is clearly broken for
> sizeof(int) > 4, but I think your ints are 4, and longs are 8.  I bet
> somewhere we are using a long where we should be using an int, and that
> is why only your platform is seeing it.  Is this true about long vs.
> int.  I can review our use of longs to see if there are problems.

I created a small program to return the size of values.  They are:

Size of short: 2
Size of char:  1
Size of int:   4
Size of long:  8

Does this help?

-- Ken
------
      Houston InterWeb Design, Inc.     ||      Office: +1 (713) 627-9494
      Lead Programmer/Designer          ||         Fax: +1 (713) 627-2744
      C++, Windows, and Web Programming ||       Pager: +1 (713) 727-2529
               Home page URL: http://www.houston-interweb.com/