Re: [HACKERS] PostGreSQL Snapshot (and 6.2.x) for Linux Alpha - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kenji T. Hollis
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PostGreSQL Snapshot (and 6.2.x) for Linux Alpha
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>     Ah, okay, then your subject was a little misleading :(

Oops - sorry about that - I should have put snapshot ;)

>     Have you tried running gdb against your core dump?

Not yet - I haven't had the time ... but I do get a large number of
pointer-to-integer mismatches.  I think it is in the lookup function for
the called SQL routine, meaning, when it tries to look-up a function from
the internal table, it either runs out of memory, or out of bounds.  I can
look into this a little later tonight and give a little more definite bug
report.

But, the "MemSet" function returns "cast from pointer to integer of
different size" and there's places in the code that specify uint32 when
uint32 on the Alpha is a different size.  :/

So, if I can get a version of PostgreSQL working, I'll post a patch for
Alpha, but I can't promise anything.  I'll keep everyone informed in what
I find.

-- Ken
------
      Houston InterWeb Design, Inc.     ||      Office: +1 (713) 627-9494
      Lead Programmer/Designer          ||         Fax: +1 (713) 627-2744
      C++, Windows, and Web Programming ||       Pager: +1 (713) 727-2529
               Home page URL: http://www.houston-interweb.com/