LDFLAGS and libstdc++ on osx10.3.1 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Byron Amerson
Subject LDFLAGS and libstdc++ on osx10.3.1
Date
List pgsql-novice
Thanks Tom, for your answer to my question about building on Solaris, I
found ar in a directory not in my path, and built GNU's implemtation as
well.

I now have a question regarding setting the environment variable LDFLAGS
and libstdc++ on osx10.3.1.

Postgis needs postgresql to be configured and built with
LDFLAGS=-libstdc++.
Things build fine but break when attempting to add postgis' goodies to a
database, complaining about postgis' shared libs.  Evidently postgreql is
not linking againts mac's libstc++ which is static (libstdc++.a).

Is there a work around? Or an obvious solution? I built a fresh set of
libs using gcc source, and end up with shared(?)libs with .la extensions
-libtool stuff.  Can I somehow use libtool to link the libs?

Thanks for any help on this issue.

Byron Amerson
MS student
University of Washington