Re: Index selection issues with RLS using expressions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alastair McKinley
Subject Re: Index selection issues with RLS using expressions
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Tom,

This is the solution I went with.

create policy X on tableX for select to new_role using ( has_table_read_permission(tableX.column) );

This covers all usage of the table and then for APIs that utilise leaky operators:

create function with_leaky_operator(args) returns setof tableX as
$$
    select * from tableX where column @@ $1 and has_table_read_permission(tableX.column);
$$ language sql security definer;

Best regards,