Error message on pg_dumpall - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dan Harrington
Subject Error message on pg_dumpall
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,
What does this error mean?  I'm trying to make a backup of all my databases
and then this
error comes up.

Thanks
Dan

======

bash# pg_dumpall -o >/tmp/db.out
NOTICE:  Unrecognized variable client_encoding
NOTICE:  Unrecognized variable client_encoding
NOTICE:  Unrecognized variable client_encoding
NOTICE:  Unrecognized variable client_encoding
/usr/bin/pg_dumpall: createdb: command not found
NOTICE:  Unrecognized variable client_encoding
getInherits(): SELECT failed.  Explanation from backend: 'ERROR:  Attribute
'inhrel' not found
'.
pg_dump failed on goodsalt, exiting