RE: Re: Reuse of REF Cursor - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Abraham, Danny
Subject RE: Re: Reuse of REF Cursor
Date
Re: Reuse of REF Cursor  (Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
2021-04-09 08:00:08.692 IDTERROR:  canceling statement due to statement timeout
2021-04-09 08:00:08.692 IDTCONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function orhpans_active_clean_table(character varying,integer) line 42 at
FETCH
        PL/pgSQL function orhpans_active_removal() line 31 at assignment
        PL/pgSQL function ajf_backup(integer) line 39 at assignment

Can a FETCH fail if the table is locked? The FETCH is stuck for the <statement_timeout> time.

Should I  lock all tables involved with the query?

Any specific time-out on the fetch? Or should I use the general statement-timeout?

I mean move from regular programming mode to paranoidic mode....

The failure is inconsistent.. Never fails in PG 11.5, but fails in PG9.5.5 about once a week...

I need a full understanding of the problem in order to force big,slow customers to migrate to PG11.5.

Thanks

Danny