Re: vacuuming not working? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Esposito
Subject Re: vacuuming not working?
Date
List pgsql-general
i took a peek at pg_stat_activity and it doesn't appear as though any of the
processes are doing anything ... they all have blanks for "current_query"
... (when i'm vacuuming and when i'm running the populate/clear queries)

Is there any way to get timestamps turned on in the log file? Is there a
chance that this "defunct" transaction is cleaned when the transaction logs
rotate? I see this in my log file but i haven't got the foggiest idea when
it happened ...  ;) ... and whether it resulted in me being able to vacuum
the table successfully ...

DEBUG:  recycled transaction log file 0000000100000039