Re: vacuuming not working? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Esposito
Subject Re: vacuuming not working?
Date
List pgsql-general
That's why I isolated it down to a standalone example ... There is no other
process looking at that table ... no foreign keys or other things that could
cause those records to be "in use" ... That was the first thing that ran
through my mind when my application was starting to get really slow ...

Also, you'll see from my script that I exit and re-enter psql between each
operation (INSERT, DELETE, VACUUM) so if the transaction wasn't committing,
then the rows wouldn't exist the next time I entered ...

Is there a query I can run to see who is holding those tuples which is
causing VACUUM to leave them in place?

-dave