[MASSMAIL]Query regarding new version of shared library with older binary - Mailing list pgsql-general

From M Tarkeshwar Rao
Subject [MASSMAIL]Query regarding new version of shared library with older binary
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi All,

I have following query:

Our application is compiled with postgres SQL Client C++(11.18) and it is dynamically linked with postgres shared library(version libpq.so.5.11).

But where this application runs at customer production system new version of libpq(libpq.so.5.13) available. This new libpq shared lib is packaged with OS.

Our query is that, will our binary able to resolve the symbols with this new version(5.13)?

Regards,

Tarkeshwar