RE: Truncate in synchronous logical replication failed - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com
Subject RE: Truncate in synchronous logical replication failed
Date
Re: Truncate in synchronous logical replication failed  (Ajin Cherian <itsajin@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Saturday, April 17, 2021 12:53 AM Japin Li <japinli@hotmail.com>
> On Fri, 16 Apr 2021 at 17:19, osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com
> <osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> > On Friday, April 16, 2021 5:50 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> >> Few initial comments:
> >> =====================
> >> 1.
> >> + relreplindex = relation->rd_replidindex;
> >> +
> >> + /*
> >> + * build attributes to idindexattrs.
> >> + */
> >> + idindexattrs = NULL;
> >> + foreach(l, indexoidlist)
> >> + {
> >> + Oid indexOid = lfirst_oid(l);
> >> + Relation indexDesc;
> >> + int i;
> >> + bool isIDKey; /* replica identity index */
> >> +
> >> + indexDesc = RelationIdGetRelation(indexOid);
> >>
> >> When you have oid of replica identity index (relreplindex) then what
> >> is the need to traverse all the indexes?
> > Ok. No need to traverse all the indexes. Will fix this part.
> >
> >> 2.
> >> It is better to name the function as RelationGet...
> > You are right. I'll modify this in my next version.
> >

> I took the liberty to address review comments and provide a v2 patch on top
> of your's v1 patch, also merge the test case.
>
> Sorry for attaching.
No problem. Thank you for updating the patch.
I've conducted some cosmetic changes. Could you please check this ?
That's already applied by pgindent.

I executed RT for this and made no failure.
Just in case, I executed 010_truncate.pl test 100 times in a tight loop,
which also didn't fail.

Best Regards,
    Takamichi Osumi

Attachment