RE: [patch]socket_timeout in interfaces/libpq - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From nagaura.ryohei@fujitsu.com
Subject RE: [patch]socket_timeout in interfaces/libpq
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi, Michael-san.

Sorry, I have missed your e-mail...

> From: Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>
> On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 11:56:28AM +0000, nagaura.ryohei@fujitsu.com wrote:
> > It seems that you did not think so at that time.
> > # Please refer to [1]
> >
> > I don't think all the reviewers are completely negative.
>
> I recall having a negative impression on the patch when first looking at it, and still
> have the same impression when looking at the last version.  Just with a quick
> look, assuming that you can bypass all cleanup operations normally taken by
> pqDropConnection() through a hijacking of pqWait() is not fine as this routine
> explicitely assumes to *never* have a timeout for its wait.
I couldn't understand what you meant.
Do you say that we shouldn't change pqWait() behavior?
Or should I modify my patch to use pqDropConnection()?

Best regards,
Ryohei Nagaura