RE: Data is copied twice when specifying both child and parent table in publication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From wangw.fnst@fujitsu.com
Subject RE: Data is copied twice when specifying both child and parent table in publication
Date
In response to RE: Data is copied twice when specifying both child and parent table in publication  ("osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com" <osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 26, 2022 at 10:31 AM Osumi, Takamichi/大墨 昂道 <osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> Hi, thank you for updating the patchset.
>

> FYI, I noticed that the patch for head is no longer applicable.

Thanks for your kindly reminder and comment.

> $ git apply --check HEAD_v10-0001-Fix-data-replicated-twice-when-specifying-
> publis.patch
> error: patch failed: src/backend/catalog/pg_publication.c:1097
> error: src/backend/catalog/pg_publication.c: patch does not apply

Rebased the patch based on the changes in HEAD (13a185f).

> Also, one minor comment on the change in src/include/catalog/pg_proc.dat.
>
>  # publications
> -{ oid => '6119', descr => 'get information of tables in a publication',
> -  proname => 'pg_get_publication_tables', prorows => '1000', proretset => 't',
> -  provolatile => 's', prorettype => 'record', proargtypes => 'text',
> -  proallargtypes => '{text,oid,int2vector,pg_node_tree}',
> -  proargmodes => '{i,o,o,o}', proargnames => '{pubname,relid,attrs,qual}',
> +{ oid => '6119',
> +  descr => 'get information of the tables belonging to the specified
> publications.',
>
> Please remove the period at the end of 'descr' string.
> It seems we don't write it in this file and removing it makes the code more
> aligned.

Improved as suggested.
Also modified the description to be consistent with the comments atop the
function pg_get_publication_tables.

Attach the new patches.

Regards,
Wang wei