RE: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
Subject RE: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tues, Aug 17, 2021 1:01 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 3:59 PM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com <houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> > 3)
> > Do we need to invoke set_apply_error_context_xact() in the function
> > apply_handle_stream_prepare() to save the xid and timestamp ?
>
> Yes. I think that v8-0001 patch already set xid and timestamp just after parsing
> stream_prepare message. You meant it's not necessary?

Sorry, I thought of something wrong, please ignore the above comment.

> I'll submit the updated patches soon.

I was thinking about the place to set the errcallback.callback.

apply_dispatch(StringInfo s)
 {
     LogicalRepMsgType action = pq_getmsgbyte(s);
+    ErrorContextCallback errcallback;
+    bool        set_callback = false;
+
+    /*
+     * Push apply error context callback if not yet. Other fields will be
+     * filled during applying the change.  Since this function can be called
+     * recursively when applying spooled changes, we set the callback only
+     * once.
+     */
+    if (apply_error_callback_arg.command == 0)
+    {
+        errcallback.callback = apply_error_callback;
+        errcallback.previous = error_context_stack;
+        error_context_stack = &errcallback;
+        set_callback = true;
+    }
+    /* Pop the error context stack */
+    if (set_callback)
+        error_context_stack = errcallback.previous;

It seems we can put the above code in the function LogicalRepApplyLoop()
around invoking apply_dispatch(), and in that approach we don't need to worry
about the recursively case. What do you think ?

Best regards,
Hou zj