RE: should INSERT SELECT use a BulkInsertState? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
Subject RE: should INSERT SELECT use a BulkInsertState?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

About the 0002-patch [Check for volatile defaults].

I wonder if we can check the volatile default value by traversing "query->targetList" in planner.

IMO, the column default expression was written into the targetList, and the current parallel-safety check
travere the "query->targetList" to determine whether it contains unsafe column default expression.
Like: standard_planner-> query_tree_walker
    if (walker((Node *) query->targetList, context))
        return true;
May be we can do the similar thing to check the volatile defaults, if so, we do not need to add a field to
TargetEntry.

Best regards,
houzj