Re: Reporting Tools (OLAP) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Art Nicewick
Subject Re: Reporting Tools (OLAP)
Date
List pgsql-general
I've been searching the web for legitimate reporting tools to start
evaluating. We currently use Business Objects. However, I'm looking into
something "low-end" in the open source area, to provide our customers with
a adequate OLAP tool when they don't have the ability to fork over the "Big
Buck" to BO.

All they really need is a nice "End-user" interface way to create business
reports.

So far I saw DataVision (Like Crystal reports) and  Mondrian (OLAP). I have
not evaluated them yet.

I did download and play with pgAdmin and pgaccess. However, they seem more
admin, than "End user reporting".

Any recommendations and experiences ya'll can share in this area would be
appreciated.

Arthur Nicewick
American Management Systems
Corporate Technology Group
art_nicewick@ams.com
(703) 267-8569

Quote of the week:
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the
parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you
can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not
use a hammer.
--IBM maintenance manual, 1925