Re: Fw: Unable to open PostgreSQL large object - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Patrick Hatcher
Subject Re: Fw: Unable to open PostgreSQL large object
Date
List pgsql-novice
Try the following:
$results = pg_query($db,"Select some_image from table");
$row =  pg_fetch_array($results);

    //Header( "Content-type: jpg");
    echo stripcslashes($row[0]);

Patrick Hatcher
Macys.Com

|--------+--------------------------------->
|        |          "Juliet May"           |
|        |          <jmay@speark.com>      |
|        |          Sent by:               |
|        |          pgsql-novice-owner@post|
|        |          gresql.org             |
|        |                                 |
|        |                                 |
|        |          05/22/2003 03:04 PM    |
|--------+--------------------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                          |
  |      To:     <pgsql-novice@postgresql.org>                                                               |
  |      cc:                                                                                                 |
  |      Subject:     [NOVICE] Fw: Unable to open PostgreSQL large object                                    |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Once again I am having difficulties with large object. I was finally able
to get all my functions and triggers straightened out but now I can't seem
to open the large object. Since the last time I was able to open the large
objects I have changed my operating system to Linux8. I'm using Postgresql
7.3.2 and php 4.3.1.

I found one person who has posted the same problem
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/1999-06/msg00322.php. He used
the following solution:

<solution>
"After I updated to LinuxPPC R5 I had to recompile Postgres to use
glibc2...
and the compiler with R5 is egcs 2.91.66. After getting some help from the
Postgres mailing list it turned out that the linux_ppc template needed to
change the compiler optimization flags from CFLAGS:-O2 to -O0. Then it ran
without problem, but before then I had many "oid" errors."
</solution>

If I need to change my linux_ppc template I probably need some help on how
to do that. Or some ideas on what else I can try.

This is the code I used to try and open the large object:

<my code>
pg_exec ($db, "begin transaction");
$handle=pg_loopen($db,$row['signature'],"r");  //also tried with assigning
the array value to a variable
$bitmap=pg_loreadall($handle);
echo substr($bitmap, 17);
pg_loclose($handle);