postgres sql 7.1.1 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Timothy.Oliver@worldspan.com
Subject postgres sql 7.1.1
Date
List pgsql-bugs
I'm running into problems with a function on the development Postgres
database server.  This function works fine on the production database
server, but returns an error when executed using PGAdmin or within code.  I
can't say that we've ever attempted to run this function in our
development/preproduction environments before, since we haven't needed to
troubleshoot the "PNRParser" code this much before.

When I try to run the following statement:
      select
create_new_airline_itinerary(693666,'DL','1111','Y','ATL','MCI','2003-04-27
15:54:00','2003-04-27 19:54:00','HK1','NW','2222','Y')

I get the error message:
      Error: ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "$9" (State:HY000,
Native Code: 7)

I though the error might be related to the minor difference between the
function on the production and development Postgres servers (the 7 and 8
parameters are declared as "timestamptz" on development and preprod but
just "timestamp" on the production database server).  I created a new
function "create_n_itin" that looks exactly the same as the function on
production, but the same error occurs when I execute this function.

Any ideas why this Postgres function is failing?  I don't know what it
thinks is wrong with the 9th parameter!

Tim Oliver
Senior Database Analyst
Worldspan