Re: Function Hangs - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Patrick Hatcher
Subject Re: Function Hangs
Date
List pgsql-novice
Thanks.  Stupid question:  Where would I find the database log?

Patrick Hatcher
Macys.Com
Legacy Integration Developer
415-932-0610 office

                    "Josh Berkus"

                    <josh@agliodbs.com>           To:     "Patrick Hatcher" <PHatcher@macys.com>,

                    Sent by:                       pgsql-novice@postgresql.org

                    pgsql-novice-owner@post       cc:

                    gresql.org                    Subject:     Re: [NOVICE] Function Hangs

                    02/12/2002 09:43 PM

Patrick,

> Any help would be appreciated.
> TIA

Take a look at your postgres log and see if you're getting a deadlock
 warning.  The last time I had a looping function lock, it was because
 I was (unintentionally) trying to update the same records multiple
 times ...

-Josh

                                       Josh Berkus
  Complete information technology      josh@agliodbs.com