inserting data that contains / or \ - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Patrick Hatcher
Subject inserting data that contains / or \
Date
List pgsql-novice
Sorry up front.  I know this has probably been answered 10k times.
I need to insert data into a field that will look as such:  MC HANCOCK GOLD
5PPS S/4

my perl is getting better, but not quite there yet:  I have the following
regex:
$fields[$i] =~ s/\// /g;  which now puts a space in place of the /, but I
would like to the keep the text  as is.  I believe I need to replace the
single foward slash with 2 forward slashes.  But I'm lost as to how to do
it
Should it be this:  $fields[$i] =~ s/\//\///g;?

TIA

Patrick Hatcher
Macys.Com