Problem running native windows Postgres 8 pg_dump etc on cygwin from bash - Mailing list pgsql-general

From laurie.burrow@powerconv.alstom.com
Subject Problem running native windows Postgres 8 pg_dump etc on cygwin from bash
Date
List pgsql-general
I have many database build scripts written for cygwin bash. These scripts
use the cygwin port of postgres 7.4 and its client tools like psql, pg_dump
etc.
I have modified my bash scripts to use the Postgres 8 native windows tools.
Unfortunately these bash scripts don't seem to work.

Some example resutls of native windows Postgres 8 commands run in cygwin
bash:

pg_dump --version       - spools back a database dump as if pg_dump is
running using default (no) parameters. The same command in a DOS window
works fine.
psql -- version         - does not return and a ^C required to kill
psql              - returns the default interactive session

Can anyone throw any light on this as I really don't want to have to
rewrite all my scripts into DOS batch files

Any help would be much appreciated.

Laurie

CONFIDENTIALITY : This  e-mail  and  any attachments are confidential and
may be privileged. If  you are not a named recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use
it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.