PostgreSQL Performance Tuning - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shohab Abdullah
Subject PostgreSQL Performance Tuning
Date
List pgsql-general

Dear,
We are facing performance tuning problem while using PostgreSQL Database over the network on a linux OS.
Our Database consists of more than 500 tables with an average of 10K records per table with an average of 20 users accessing the database simultaneously over the network. Each table has indexes and we are querying the database using Hibernate.
The biggest problem is while insertion, updating and fetching of records, ie the database performance is very slow. It take a long time to respond in the above scenario.
Please provide me with the tuning of the database. I am attaching my postgresql.conf file for the reference of our current configuration

Please replay me ASAP
Regards,
   Shohab Abdullah
   Software Engineer,
    Manufacturing SBU-POWAI
    Larsen and Toubro Infotech Ltd.| 4th floor, L&T Technology Centre, Saki Vihar Road, Powai, Mumbai-400072
      (:  +91-22-67767366 | (:  +91-9870247322
        Visit us at : http://www.lntinfotech.com
I cannot predict future, I cannot change past, I have just the present moment, I must treat it as my last"
The information contained in this email has been classified:

[ X] L&T Infotech General Business

[    ] L&T Infotech Internal Use Only

[    ] L&T Infotech Confidential

[    ] L&T Infotech Proprietary