Re: Function Hangs - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Patrick Hatcher
Subject Re: Function Hangs
Date
List pgsql-novice
I found the Postmaster startup file.  Here is the start params:

su -l postgres -c "/usr/bin/pg_ctl -D $PGDATA -p /usr/bin/postmaster -o "
-i" start >/dev/null 2>&1"

would the name of the log file go where the /dev/null is?

Thanks again for the help

Patrick Hatcher
Macys.Com
Legacy Integration Developer
415-932-0610 office

                    Patrick
                    Hatcher              To:     "Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com>@FDS-NOTES
                                         cc:     pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
                    02/13/2002           Subject:     Re: [NOVICE] Function Hangs(Document link: Patrick Hatcher)
                    11:33 AM

It was a Mandrake install, so it auto-starts during system start up.

Patrick Hatcher
Macys.Com
Legacy Integration Developer
415-932-0610 office

                    "Josh Berkus"
                    <josh@agliodbs       To:     "Patrick Hatcher" <PHatcher@macys.com>
                    .com>                cc:     pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
                                         Subject:     Re: [NOVICE] Function Hangs
                    02/13/2002
                    11:30 AM

Patrick,

> Thanks.  Stupid question:  Where would I find the database log?

Wherever you put it in your startup options for Postmaster.  I usually
 put mine in /var/log/postgresql.  How do you start postmaster?

-Josh

                                       Josh Berkus
  Complete information technology      josh@agliodbs.com