Re: Intel SRCS16 SATA raid? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Richard_D_Levine@raytheon.com
Subject Re: Intel SRCS16 SATA raid?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Dave wrote "An interesting test would be to stick several drives in a
cabinet and
graph how performance is affected at the different price points/
technologies/number of drives."

From the discussion on the $7k server thread, it seems the RAID controller
would
be an important data point also.  And RAID level.  And application
load/kind.

Hmmm.  I just talked myself out of it.  Seems like I'd end up with
something
akin to those database benchmarks we all love to hate.

Rick