Getting rid of postgres output - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Nicola Mauri
Subject Getting rid of postgres output
Date
Re: Getting rid of postgres output
Re: Getting rid of postgres output
List pgsql-admin

I scheduled a dump between two databases, via network:

pg_dump --clean -U postgres mydb  | psql -q -h remote_host -d mydb -U postgres

I'd like to have no output being generated, unless an error condition occurs, so that crond will email me only when something goes really wrong.
Unfortunately I'm getting this output:

 setval
--------
551776
(1 row)

setval
--------
340537
(1 row)

setval
--------
 10411
(1 row)

and so on........
It seems to be related to some sequences recently added to the database. Actually we are getting one 'setval' line for each sequence defined.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this output?
Simply redirecting output is not a great idea, as we may loose some precious error messages too; so I think we should prevent this messages to being generate at all.
(Postgres 8.1.3 on RHEL4)

Thank You!
Nicola